Friday, February 20, 2009

That smile.....


There was something in the way he stared at me..i Don't know what it was but it certainly did make me want to look at him again..and again and again...
I just couldn't control the tiny stretch on my lips..no matter how hard i tried..Even though he wasn't great to look at ,but there was something mysterious about him,and his enigmatic smile,that i just couldn't stop myself from turning back to catch a glance of him,time and again and smiling back at his innocuous acts..! The smile just wouldn't go off my face..as if someone stuck it with a glue..
I guess there was something about him..
He must have been around 2 feet in height,perhaps around 3yrs old. He looked frail and his complexion was dark.He was scantily dressed and was playing with his sister on the terrace,where some construction was going on..I was there looking at him from my terrace.I believe his mother was inside a room on the terrace,carrying heaps of bricks on her head,perhaps she worked there..
His eyes spoke volumes..They had shades of notoriousness and innocence.They were beautiful!
His chuckling laughter filled me with joy..perhaps that was happiness in its purest form and it was so infectious that i became a victim of his in seconds..I couldn't get my eyes off him..
He ran across the terrace,'n' number of times,to the room where his mother was working,looking at me through the corner of his eyes and carrying a mesmerizing smile on his face,each time he ran!
He then would hide behind the door of that room on the terrace and would peep through it,shuttling his head here and there,to see if i was still looking !
It was a beautiful evening and i will remember it all throughout my life for the smile he lent to my face!

4 comments:

  1. lovely piece..the flip side is many of us go through this with a blind eye and concentrate on our own wealth..

    adopt him make a difference to his existence....become the change you want to see around you..that would be youth for the reeeeeal cause.

    love and hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete