Friday, June 12, 2009

Letter to my Father





Dear Father,

As i walk by the beautiful memory lane of innocence, i find myself walking step by step, really slowly on the rough and rugged roads of my life, clasping on to your index finger as tightly as i could, so as to never ever let go of it.
As a child, i felt stranded and doubted my self belief, could never imagine myself to be able to walk a step without you being there to hold on to me but your support constantly reminded me that you have and will always be standing with me in all my ups and downs of life, in every bicycle ride i dreaded riding without the wheel support, in every game or challenge that i lost the way you cheered me over, in every happiness that i wished to share,in every setback in life, in my tryst with destiny,in my negligence with time, in my celebration of life, in my mistakes of all kinds, in every stressful situation i faced, in every path i chose to trace!
You instilled in me the strong belief that,no matter what happens in life, you are always going to be there for me,holding me tight, so that i would never ever fall...!
These silent promises that you made through the golden puerile years of my childhood were fulfilled each time life threw a challenge at me, as i grew up in age and i found myself in dire need of your help and guidance, though i could never muster the guts to ask for your support, your hand on my shoulder in the time of distress would say it all..

You gave my dreams wings, my aspirations the desire, my energies a direction, my toil an adulation, my personality an inspiration, my spirit a liveliness , my mistakes an absolution and me an identity !
It is because of you that the difficult ways of life never seemed as arduous as they were, every impediment never seemed as impossible to surmount as it was, every journey did not seem as boundless as it was, every hardship did not seem as insurmountable as it was and every accomplishment did not seem as small it was.
Your being extremely protective and concerned with my well being all the time said volumes about how much you treasure me and made me the happiest daughter in the world.
Your presence has always endowed upon me the blessings of thyself and the God above..
All i wish is that one day you could be proud of me being your daughter too..!

No matter how well i wish to phrase my feelings into words, words can never express what you mean to me papa...

Loads of Love
Your Darling Daughter


6 comments:

  1. So the next post will have to be dedicated to mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I think your dad will already be pretty proud to have you as his daughter.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. by the way fathers day is on 21st june , 2009
    don't forget to wish your fathers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. nyc post!! reminds me of d most common thing most f us mite hav said " my daddy srongest"

    On the funny part the statement "don't forget to wish your 'fathers'!" reminds me f d scene from an obscure movie n it goes like " mere doh doh baap...mere doh doh baap"....lol jus kiddin..anyway thanks for d reminder. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. really touching yaar...
    the lines that made an impact were....
    "You gave my dreams wings, my aspirations the desire, my energies a direction, my toil an adulation, my personality an inspiration, my spirit a liveliness , my mistakes an absolution and me an identity !"
    its really well written yarr..

    ReplyDelete