Sunday, January 11, 2009

Headed to Neverland


If you're confused with the topic,don't be,because that's where i am headed,to the place called NeverLand !

Just in case you're wondering what/where it is? Here's a brief summary: Neverland is a fictional world, often depicted as a magical island featured in the works of Scottish author J. M. Barrie, and is the dwelling place of Peter Pan.
Neverland was introduced in the
theatre play Peter Pan, or The Boy Who Wouldn't Grow Up by Scottish writer J. M. Barrie, his subsequent novel Peter and Wendy,[1] and later works by others. While sojourning in Neverland, people may cease to age; therefore, Neverland is often seen as a metaphor for eternal childhood (and childishness), immortality, and escapism.

and if u wish to ask me,why exactly would i want to head to this flabbergasting place ,well..the answer is simple,its because I don't want to grow up,ever!!!

Why do we all have to grow up?why ? why?...I know the obvious answer to this fairly unreasonable question i just posed,everyone knows,but its not that easy to accept that you've grown older than what you were on your nineteenth birthday and that you're no longer a teen anymore!! :O

What more people look up to you now,expecting you to do all things in the utmost sophisticated and responsible manner as possible all of a sudden,because after all you're grown up now, and being silly is so passe and uncouth,and because you're not a kid anymore remember,OH..just in case you don't,no problem at all,because all the people in the world will let you know that in a jiffy,even before you can bat your eyelid,to get a hang of what's happening and how in the world has the world around you changed so soon,just because you're not a teen anymore!

I so want to move steps backwards in my life,i want to cherish running around the trees,chasing friends for something that they stole from you which was yours,to sing those juvenile and puerile nursery rhymes,which our parents made a point for us to remember and but ofcourse make sure that they tell the rest of the world,how bright their child is,by showcasing his/her sense of rhythm,his/her voice clarity,his stunning memory(for the way he/she manages to memorise the rhyme) at such a tender age implying how intelligent he/she will be in the years to come,all of this is conveyed in a rhyme,amazing isn't it,and i am so sure i'll do the same with my kids :) !

I want to dream of fairy god mothers and tooth fairies who are above in heaven,taking care of all your needs :) .

I want to count all the stars in the blissful sky at night,without thinking of it practically.

I want to fly like a bird,with my arms outstretched,and my senses cherishing ever bit of the act.

I want to eat sand and play with it,without worrying about my clothes being soiled.

I want to sing rhymes ;)

I want to be closer to nature and i want to enjoy the musical sounds of nature by keeping my eyes closed and hearing the birds chirp louder than ever,and the sound of the stream that gushes lyrically down the slope and the rush of the cold breeze hitting me through the threads of the fabric of my sweater.



I want to feel the tiny droplets of water on my face when it rains.



I want to jump in a puddle and splash the water .

and the list goes on...

and this is what my neverland is and that is exactly where i am headed..! :)

3 comments:

  1. this post is brilliant.. its what every person wishes for at one time or the other...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for youth and dreams and magic! :)

    Have you seen this?
    http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/Peter-Pans-NeverWorld-Picks-Up/story.aspx?guid=%7B575A5B1F-CF9E-45C4-9339-FBD24F6AEEA3%7D

    BELIEVE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. carry on baby..you wish and the genie will produce. have faith and belief in your dreams then the entire universe will conspire to fulfill it..did SRK say that in a movie..OSO? I don't know but u r right

    ReplyDelete